MATU101 - Communicates information about walk signal initiation and intersection geometry in auditory and tactile modes enabling persons with vision impairments and persons with vision and hearing impairments to safely negotiate the crosswalk.
• High Performance, digital, including 16 bits CPU in frequency of 40 Mhz.
• Modular Unit for easy maintenance and operation.
• Communication Interface: Infra-Red enabling wireless communication.
• RTC: The MATU101A includes real time clock with battery backup.
• Customized Settings: easy control of each parameter by using the Infra-Red wireless communication.
• Easy Installation: Using special adaptors for various pole diameters.
• Standards: The MATU101A comply with ISO 23600 international standard.
• Demand Push Button: A raised big button for easy use by persons with vision impairments.
• Activation Indicators – audible and visual signals (a large illuminated arrow and/or voice message) informing the user that the demand button press has been accepted.
• Acoustic prohibited walk initiation signal (red phase) - remains actuated during the entire prohibited initiation phase. The signal consists of short pulses in rate of 1 Hz (can be adjusted by the customer).
• Acoustic walk initiation signal (green phase) - remains actuated during the entire walk initiation phase. The signal consists of short pulses in rate of 5 Hz (can be adjusted by the customer).
• Vibrotactile Indicator – a vibrating surface generating pulses during the pedestrian green phase.
• Tactile Arrow – a raised arrow located on the vibrating surface indicating the direction of the pedestrian crossing.
• Voice Message: A speech message (recorded by customer) that provides additional information activated as a response to push button press.
• Automatic Volume adjustment – volume control that is automatically responsive to ambient (background) sound adjusting volume output to compensate for the noise.
• Tactile map – A raised schematic map that shows the intersection configuration (i.e number of lanes, islands).
• Standards – Comply with the International Standard ISO 23600 and
with the Israeli Standard 5990-1.
Technical specifications MATU101A
Power supply: 220 VAC/50Hz
Power consumption: (7 ÷ 9) W
Ambient temperature: -20˚C ÷ +70˚C
Humidity: (5 ÷ 95)%
Voice message: It is possible to record voice message about 1 minutes long.
Sound pulses: Signalization signal with frequency of 7 Hz and Orientation signal with frequency of 1 Hz (may be changed by user)
Vibrotactile indicator: The vibrotactile indicator works with frequency of 7 Hz in the green phase and with frequency of 1 Hz in the red phase
Max dimensions: 272 x 90 x 126 mm (H x W x D)
Parameter saving: All parameters are saved in a non volatile memory in case of power failure
Crossing direction: Illuminated arrow and relief arrow on the vibrator points to the crossing direction
Protection: Degree of protection IP 54 according IEC - 60529
Safety: Comply with IEC 60950 - 22 Equipment installed outdoor
Comply with IEC 60950 – 1 Basic Safety
Comply with the Israeli Standard 5990-1
Comply with the International Standard ISO 23600
This unit won the Atir - Industrial Design Award 2011.